--> Many eyed bug thing- the diary of a Neighbours addict many eyed bug thing many eyes buggy eyes green thing buggy eyes many buggy eyed thing

Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Kharnak

I'm in a Radio 4 linking frenzy this morning. I've just been listening to the 2005 Journey of a lifetime. You can hear it here. The other day I wrote about the challenges that face people who want a career in history. It's a very competitive market and at times getting that position in a museum or university (or wherever) can become an all consuming ambition. I find that thinking about people who live in radically different cultures helps me to keep a sense of perspective. In the programme photographer Chris Brown goes to meet a nomadic Himalyan people called the Kharnak. I can't believe that the jobs I look at mean anything to them at all. When we look at other cultures we see the common bonds that make us human and are the really important things in life. All the other stuff is paraphernalia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home